Saturday, October 26, 2013

Painting Pumpkins

Last week Amos had surgery on his nose for a deviated septum.  The surgery was rough. Amos had lots of side effects that we weren't planning on. It was hard on Jace, which we weren't expecting.  Jace is used to having his dad come in and smile at him, play with him, hug him, etc.  Jace would smile at Amos, and Amos wasn't really able to smile, talk, or anything to him.  It was really sad.  Plus, Jace probably thought Amos looked like a monster with the gauze on his face. Jace got really clingy.  One day he cried when Amos walked out of the room and when I went to get socks.  He started waking up a bunch at night.  I felt so bad. When Amos started feeling a little better he spent a couple of afternoons bonding with Jace.  One of those days they painted pumpkins while I was at work. These pumpkins turned out way better than if I would have painted them.  Amos is so crafty.  Notice he painted one of the pumpkins to look like Jace's onesie.  It says, "I love my mummy."




No comments:

Post a Comment